Friday, November 07, 2008

Triathlon Training

Yep, I decided to go for it... I have a few to choose from - Rage in the Sage in April, IronGirl in May and then there's one in September... hmmmmmm.... for now, I've got all 3 on my schedule :eek:

WOW, I thought training for a Marathon was hard... I had NO Clue! I have to fit in 3 runs, 3 swims, 2 cycling, 2 weight training sessions in each week... The schedule I put together looks like this:

Monday - off (or bike)
Tuesday - swim & run
Wednesday - bike & weights
Thursday - swim & run
Friday - bike (or off)
Saturday - long run & yoga
Sunday- swim & weights

So far, so good... although last night, I did my run and didn't feel well, so I skipped my swim... I'll be adding it to tonights work-out. At least I allow myself some flexibility!

All of my work-outs are getting recorded on BeginnerTriathlete.com and my runs get recorded on my excel spreadsheet... my Garmin workouts get recorded on the Garmin Software... hmmmmm I'm well documented on this journey...

No comments: