Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I wrote this post on discussions on RW, so I copied it here. I like the RW discussion, but I would like to keep my blog as well. So, now I post to the blog, post to RW, post to my excel log, and track my Garmin miles on their log. Like Jerry says, I spend more time planning my runs than actually doing them.



I'm in the middle of week 3 of my First Marathon training. I Scoured the internet looking for schedules, bought 2 books their schedules look totally different! So... what I ended up doing is taking the one from RW and tweaking it to my liking. I'm still tweaking it! LOL. I only wanted to run 4 days/week because of my knee issue. Then I put in swimming lessons and weight training and whalla, I don't have enough days in the week to do it all!

My schedule is now like this:

M - easy run & weight training

T - swimming lessons

W - Speed or Tempo workout (every 4th week easy)

Th - alternate Weight Training & swimming lessons

F - easy run

Sat - OFF

Sun - Long Run (building miles to 22)



Swim class last night was hard after weight training on monday, but I survived. Tonight I will run 5 miles on Treadmill. 1st mile slow, then 3 miles at 12:00/mile... last time I did 2 miles at 12:00/mile and thought I would die! Then last mile recovery slow. Funny how one pace is killer for one, and easy for others. I am and will always be a penguin!!

No comments: